"Teach and Learn in Korea"
The Korean Ministry of Education invites qualified undergraduate (or graduate) students who would like to teach English and learn about Korea. Selected scholars will receive Korean government scholarships and teach English in after-school classes of Korean elementary schools.
Attached are information and samples of documents on TaLK. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. (See below)
● Scholarship of 1.5 million KRW per month. (Approximately $1,200)
● Private furnished housing, Round-trip air ticket, Medical insurance cover, etc.
● Citizen of a country where English is the primary language. (Ethnic Koreans with legal residencies are eligible)
● An undergraduate student with two or more years of university education, or a college/university graduate. (Ethnic Koreans who are in their 1st or 2nd year of college are eligible, and Korean fluency is not required)
● One personal essay, One Personal Medical Assessment, Two sealed recommendation letters, One sealed transcript, One sealed transcript, One original criminal record check (apostilled CRC), One copy of passport photo page, etc.
● One year: August 2, 2013 ~ July 31, 2014
① Only online application (www.talk.go.kr) → Submission of required forms to Korean Consulate in San Francisco
② Documents screening and Interview will be done by the Korean Consulate General in San Francisco
Application Period: March 4, 2013 ~ May 31, 2013
● Preference will be given to early applicants
● Applicants should submit the required forms at your earliest opportunity for the early acceptance
→ Korean Education Center in Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in San Francisco
☎ 415-590-4058 / e-mail: email@example.com
※ Website: www.talk.go.kr or www.kecsf.org